- DeKalb County's first newspaper, The Will's Valley Post, was established by G.E. Fearing in Collinsville in 1854.
- 1884, The Collinsville Headlight
- 1887, The Educational Advocate, published by Douglas Allen, school principal
- 1888, The Collinsville Sun Beam
- 1880 to 1900, The Collinsville Clipper was published in Collinsville - editors, John C. Norwood and later W.E. Mosteller.
1904, The Collinsville Courier started April 1904 with W.E. Mosteller, editor. Other editors of the Courier were: J.J. Newberry, H.H. Smith, Louis G. Kreutz, J.W. Mills and Mrs. Mae Myers.
- In 1926 a new name was suggested for the paper. The Collinsville New Era was adopted, J.W. Mills, editor.
- 1933-1946, Mae Myers Lyle was editor and business manager of the New Era.
- 1973, The Collinsville News
- 1996, The Collinsville Times, student written Pacers project.